roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Importing constants from modules in 7.8.* <aldem-pike <> 20-04-2009
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 07:00:07PM +0200, Henrik Grubbström wrote:

> Are you sure that it actually worked in Pike 7.6 (ie that zero_type(NULL)
> was 1)?

  Hmm...No, zero_type(NULL) is 0, but nevertheless, it worked as expected...

  The question is, how to alias UNDEFINED to NULL without using preprocessor?

  I just hate to type zero_type(X) all the time, that's why this NULL was
  invented, to compare something to it instead.

> The reason that it fails is probably that NULL actually gets the value
> UNDEFINED (and not 0) in Pike 7.8. Note that symbols with the value
> UNDEFINED in modules indicate that the symbol doesn't exist, thus the
> error message.

  So, then this is kind of semantics change? UNDEFINED is not regular value
  anymore (like it was before).

  Thanks!

Regards,
/Al