roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Pike & Python (was: Re: Pike documentation) Martin Bähr <mbaehr[at]email[dot]archlab[dot]tuwien[dot]ac> 11-12-2008
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 01:10:09AM -0800, Dave Walton wrote:
> But with one of them, I feel like I'm reading BASIC.  :)

REALLY? I DON'T KNOW, MY BASIC MEMORY IS ALL CAPS, WHICH FEELS QUITE
DIFFERENT :-)

> I've found that my eyes start to glaze over when -ors (generators,
> iterators, etc, etc) are mentioned, regardless of the language involved.

hehe, iterators are easy (anything that can be treated like a list)

> A few early Python impressions...
> whitespace:	don't get me started!

is that a positive or negative impression?

> if (0 < x < 10):	handy.  kinda wish PHP and Pike could do that.

indeed, it would totally change the nature of the comparison operator
though (no longer a simple binary operator)

> doctest:	unit tests inline with the functions being tested,

that's just a question of the right syntax. like autodoc today, tests
could be added in a similar form.

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
offering: programming, training and administration   -  anywhere in the world