roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Git repo? Stephen R. van den Berg <srb[at]cuci[dot]nl> 21-01-2009
Bill Welliver wrote:
>On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
>>I often have problems with it.  I get messages about the caudium being
>>unavailable.  Also, I have tried to clone it and after a day or so I get
>>that it is already in a merge.

>Is caudium in that repo?

It was/is.  I didn't reconnect to the google hosted repository yet though.
I tried to resolve the historic start, but that is messier than I thought
(tried to get a seemless connection from Roxen 1.4 -> Caudium).

>>BTW, I prefer git to cvs.

>I expect that there are very few people that don't prefer something over
>CVS :) Me, I've been trying to understand/appreciate DVCS systems and am
>beginning to enjoy working with hg... their development approach seems to
>appeal to the solaris admin in me: nice slow compatible progress.

hg is fine, better than SVN in any case.
--
Sincerely,
           Stephen R. van den Berg.

Real programmers don't produce results, they return exit codes.