roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: query-cache-size = 32M (Was: Re: Lots of patches that can be integrated into Roxen 5.0 in a heartbeat) Stephen R. van den Berg <srb[at]cuci[dot]nl> 09-01-2009
Arjan van Staalduijnen wrote:
>I don't know if this piece of code can be overruled by some manually
>edited config file, but otherwise I am not a big fan of this change at
>all. Some people might prefer not using MySQL's cache too much and
>instead have roxen do some caching, but for the situation I am using it
>it is exactly the opposite.

Ok, that kills my patch, but might make a case to actually make a
case for exposing the setting in the Roxen config somewhere.

> I have boosted our query-cache-size of our
>local databases to 256M for a better performance - anything less will
>not be enough here.

Seems like you should actually be running an externally tuned database
(maybe even PostgreSQL if MySQL is running at its toes already)
instead of the internal MySQL database of Roxen.
--
Sincerely,
           Stephen R. van den Berg.

"People who think they know everything are annoying to those of us who do."