roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: query-cache-size = 32M (Was: Re: Lots of patches that can be integrated into Roxen 5.0 in a heartbeat) Stephen R. van den Berg <srb[at]cuci[dot]nl> 09-01-2009
Martin Stjernholm wrote:
>> So that would imply that maintaining the query cache in MySQL is close to
>> useless for the Roxen local database.

>> Any caching needed will be done by the OS due to filesystempages left in RAM.
>> Caching in MySQL as well, will just keep around that data in memory *twice*.

>It's not clear to me how generally applicable this argument is, and
>what the conventional wisdom on mysql performance tuning says. But I
>can point out that the mysql server is used for a lot more than you
>see in WebServer. We have some Roxen modules that maintains pretty
>large and complex databases.

In that case, the playing field changes, and it might help, though it
would depend on the type of queries you run.  If it is needed for you I'm
happy to keep that patch private to my tree (or it ideally could be made
configurable by the Roxen server somewhere).
--
Sincerely,
           Stephen R. van den Berg.

"People who think they know everything are annoying to those of us who do."