roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: DB sessions in a single RXML page reuses the same connection? Stephen R. van den Berg <srb[at]cuci[dot]nl> 09-01-2009
Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
>Martin Stjernholm wrote:
>>"Stephen R. van den Berg" <<srb[at]cuci.nl>> wrote:
>>> Does that mean that Roxen natively now guarantees that the SQL session is
>>> going to be reused when accessed from within a single RXML page?

>>No, not currently since the sql tag module doesn't make use of that
>>flag. But the flag should do what you want if you just enable it, so
>>you shouldn't have to patch much more than a few lines in sqltag.pike
>>anymore.

>>It's a good idea to get that behavior in rxml, of course. Could you
>>please try it a bit first? Then I'll enable it in the Roxen source
>>too.

>I enabled it in my inhouse applications, and will enable it on my cms systems
>later today.
>So far, preliminary tests show that it works fine.  In the past, these
>preliminary tests usually error out somewhere if the session-preservation is
>not enforced properly.  I completely removed my patch set, and just enabled
>the flag in sqltag.pike.

Well, the preliminary results are in...
It appears not to work, so far.
After enabling the patch, I get sessions switched in the middle of RXML-pages,
and I seem to be getting a *lot* more sessions than necessary.
I'll try and merge my SQL-session patches with yours and see if that results in
something that (still) works.
--
Sincerely,
           Stephen R. van den Berg.

"People who think they know everything are annoying to those of us who do."