roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: DB sessions in a single RXML page reuses the same connection? Martin Stjernholm <mast[at]roxen[dot]com> 06-01-2009
"Stephen R. van den Berg" <<srb[at]cuci.nl>> wrote:

/.../
>     Added a flag to DBManager.get() to facilitate SQL connection reuse
>     within the same thread.
>
> Does that mean that Roxen natively now guarantees that the SQL session is
> going to be reused when accessed from within a single RXML page?

No, not currently since the sql tag module doesn't make use of that
flag. But the flag should do what you want if you just enable it, so
you shouldn't have to patch much more than a few lines in sqltag.pike
anymore.

It's a good idea to get that behavior in rxml, of course. Could you
please try it a bit first? Then I'll enable it in the Roxen source
too.