roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: SPF records of roxen.com Henrik_Grubbström <grubba[at]roxen[dot]com> 24-06-2008
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:

> There's something seriously wrong with the SPF (mail) records of roxen.com.
> It causes mails coming from that domain (most notably on the
> mailinglists) to be rejected (and quite possibly can cause automatic
> unsubscription).

As far as I can see, the spf-records for roxen.com were correct according
to RFC 4408, but it seems many of the spf checkers don't implement the
full RFC.

So far I've seen issues with:

   * Qualifiers, eg some spf-checkers don't know about the '?' qualifier.
   * 32-bit CIDR, at least one validator has complained about /32 not
     being a valid CIDR.

In this case I suspect the problem lied with the construct

   a=lin-net.roxen.com/23

which is perfectly valid according to the RFC. I've now replaced it with

   ip4=212.247.28.0/23

which should mean the same thing.

> Can someone contact the proper authorities at Roxen to fix this?

Done, please verify.

--
Henrik Grubbström					<grubba[at]roxen.com>
Roxen Internet Software AB