roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: roxen from source, mysql Peter Ohlerich <peter[dot]ohlerich[at]uni-bielefeld[dot]d> 17-05-2008
Warren Samples schrieb:
> I am wondering how to integrate mysql when building Roxen from source. I
> assume that compiling pike against mysql 5.0 gives pike the ability to
> communicate with this version. What about Roxen? Do I have to tell mysql
> to use the old style password with all connections from Roxen? Obviously
> this isn't too much of a burden... I just have to know :) I also have to
> get Roxen to communicate with mysql to run its cache. After making the
> links in the proper directory, then what? What is the mysql user:pass to
> use to allow this connection, and again, does this use the old style pass?
Hello!

Yes, we are using Roxen 4.5.x CMS with multiple frontends and a
central argument cache on a separate MySQL instance. The problem is,
that the internal MySQL is really old (I opened a service case about
this and it was saved as question for improvement). So you must use
old style passwords for all roxen connections. I don't know if there
is any improvement in the upcoming 5.x release...

With regards,

Peter Ohlerich.

HRZ der Universitaet Bielefeld  Phone: +49 521 106-00
Dipl.-Inf. Peter Ohlerich      Email: <Peter.Ohlerich[at]uni-bielefeld.de>
P.O.Box 100131                   WWW: http://www.uni-bielefeld.de/hrz/
D-33501 Bielefeld (Germany)