roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: probably a small bug Martin Stjernholm <mast[at]lysator[dot]liu[dot]se> 02-11-2009
"H. William Welliver III" <<hww3[at]riverweb.com>> wrote:

> I don't think it has anything to do with monger per se, as the problem
> happens when you use pike -x module.

Ok. Just goes to show that I don't know what I'm talking about in that
area.. ;)

> It seems that when the change was made to use include, the
> implementor didn't consider the case where precompile would be run
> from an installed pike. It's not clear to me how best to solve the
> problem since the relative path to precompile.pike is different
> depending on whether you're working in the source tree or from
> within the installed pike.

Put a different file in include/pike? It's only a couple of lines
afterall, and it doesn't _have_ to be a copy of bin/precompile.pike,
does it?

Besides, in the case of an installed pike, isn't it mainly a compat
measure for "pike -x precompile"? Not saying that it doesn't need to
be fixed, but I reckon the best way is to change to that invocation
method whereever possible.

However for the source tree case, that doesn't work. We want to use
the precompile tool from the pike version being compiled, also if the
pike binary in the path is an older version.