roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: trying to compile pike as a library Yvan Vander Sanden <yvan[at]youngmusic[dot]org> 18-10-2009
Thanks for the help again. It makes sense indeed that 64bit could be
untested. For reference, i am working on a ubuntu 9.04 system.

Still, this gives me the Gmp error again. Configure complains that i have no
working Gmp installed:

## Configuring module: Gmp
## Installation dir:

checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... (cached) o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether
/home/yvan/Desktop/pike-sourc/build/linux-2.6.27-11-generic-x86_64/smartlink
gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking if we are using TCC (TenDRA C Compiler)... (cached) no
checking if we are using ICC (Intel C Compiler)... (cached) no
checking for libgcc file name... (cached)
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.3.3/libgcc.a
checking how to concatenate two symbols... (cached) ANSI
checking for gmp2/gmp.h... no
checking for gmp.h... no
Bundle gmp already installed. Disabled?
configure: error: Cannot compile --with-bignums without the GMP library
It is highly recommended that you install a working GMP
library on your system as that will add features to Pike
required by many applications.  (Such as Roxen) However,
if you know that you do not need GMP, you may re-run configure
with the option --without-bignums instead.

configure: error: /bin/sh
'/home/yvan/Desktop/pike-sourc/src/modules/Gmp/configure' failed for Gmp
sed: can't read confdefs.h: No such file or directory
configure: error: /home/yvan/Desktop/pike-sourc/src/modules/configure failed
for modules
make[1]: *** [configure] Error 1
make: *** [libpike] Error 2

Of course rerunning with --without-bignums doesn't solve it. (And i'd rather
have bignums enabled.)

Regards,

yvan

<6341[at]lyskom.lysator.liu.se>>

--
Copyright only exists in the imagination of those who do not have any.