roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: MacOS build problem Linda Messerschmidt <linda[dot]messerschmidt[at]gmail[dot]com> 11-10-2009
On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 11:28 AM, H. William Welliver III
<<hww3[at]riverweb.com>> wrote:
> I recall having this problem as well on my Macbook Pro while running 10.5. I
> forget exactly how I got past the problem, but will think about it and
> report back if I can remember (I vaguely recall it being a compiler bug). I
> will mention that the latest stable compiled perfectly the first time on
> 10.6 (which almost never happens). I can provide an installation package for
> that.

You are right, I am still using 10.5.  I will go ahead and request to
order Snow Leopard (I've been putting it off) if that's the best/only
way to solve the issue.

The system compiler on my system is GCC 4.0.1, if it's a compiler bug
and there's a workaround, that would also be great!

Thanks!