roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Pike function for choosing proper article for a word (a or an) Bill Welliver <hww3[at]riverweb[dot]com> 21-09-2009
 ?
It's a shame the localization gods didn't give us the ability to choose
which style guide we want our app to follow :)

Sadly, there's no such unity among en_US and en_GB, with the newspaper
style guides omitting the "oxford comma" and the others recommending its
use. I think the reality is more subtle: use it when it reduces ambiguity
and omit it when it doesn't.

I'll just stick to working on my pluralization/singularization code...

Isn't english grand?

Bill