roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Pike function for choosing proper article for a word (a or an) Henrik_Grubbström <grubba[at]roxen[dot]com> 21-09-2009
 ?
On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, Threshold wrote:

> Is there a default Pike function for choosing the proper article for a word
> (a or an)?
>
> If not, I'll write my own, but I always like to figure out if something
> exists before I re-invent the wheel.

AFAIK there is no such function in Pike, and it's nontrivial to make a
correct one, since the selection of a or an depends on the pronounciation
of the following word (ie not directly on whether the first character is a
consonant or not).

--
Henrik Grubbström					<grubba[at]roxen.com>
Roxen Internet Software AB