roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: c modules Yvan Vander Sanden <yvan[at]youngmusic[dot]org> 28-08-2009
2009/8/28 Martin Stjernholm <<mast[at]lysator.liu.se>>

> Yvan Vander Sanden <<yvan[at]youngmusic.org>> wrote:
>
> > But then, what is the right compiler to use? Because global.h seems to
> rely on
> > unistd.h, which is not compatible with the msvc compiler.
>
> It works because HAVE_UNISTD_H isn't defined when msvc is used.
> Apparently you have a machine.h that wasn't generated using msvc.

Ah, ok. I am using the header files included with the windows binary. If
these are wrong, how to get the right ones? Because if i read the comments
in machine.h:

/* machine.h.  Generated from machine.h.in by configure.  */
/* machine.h.in.  Generated from configure.in by autoheader.  */

i conclude that i cannot do this with msvc, since it does not support
autoheader. It's why people suggested i should use MSYS/'MinGW. Which means
i'm back were I started, being the conclusion that pike cannot be compiled
by msvc because it depends on make & configure too heavily.

Is there actually anyone who has compiled c modules for the windows library?
Because i would really like to know which tools i have to use.

--
Copyright only exists in the imagination of those who do not have any.