roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Extend functionality of Standards.PKCS.CSR.build_csr() to support V3 certificate extensions for Pike v7.6 release 112 Martin Stjernholm <mast[at]lysator[dot]liu[dot]se> 02-04-2009
Sorry for a late reply, and also a largely useless one:

Your addition looks very interesting and warrants a reaction. Problem
is I don't know very much of CSR's so I can't give much feedback.

JCRM <<pike[at]quick-hacks.co.uk>> wrote:

/.../
> I think I may do a bit of a rewrite of this. Under different uses many
> of the fields in a certificate request are optional including the
> distinguishedName, so I think a new approach is is order:
>
> Sequence build_certificate_request(Crypto RSA.key, mapping (string :
> mixed) csr_parts, void | array (int) version_min_max)
>
> Where the string part of the mapping corresponds to the certificate part
> (version, name, attributes, &c). This approach would make it easier to
> extend in future (not that is is likely to change now...)

That sounds like a good idea.