roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Unable to call MySQL stored procedures from Pike v7.6 release 112 Stephen R. van den Berg <srb[at]cuci[dot]nl> 14-02-2009
Martin Stjernholm wrote:
>JCRM <<Pike[at]quick-hacks.co.uk>> wrote:

>> This attached patch is only half a solution really, but it at least lets
>> you use stored procedures with pike.

>Interesting, but I think the right way to implement this - which fits
>better into the current API - is to instead extend the result object
>with functions like more_results() and next_result(). I.e. the same
>result object is used both to page through rows in a single result set
>and to page through several result sets.

Maybe I'm dense here, but as far as described, apparently the stored
procedures in MySQL return zero, one or more rows.  That happens to
be exactly what all other SQL statements are providing, and which is
what the fetch_row() result function is for.  Why can the existing interface
(i.e. fetch_row()) not be used to fetch the results from a MySQL stored
procedure?
--
Sincerely,
           Stephen R. van den Berg.

"<Clarions sounding> *No one* expects the Spanish inquisition!"