roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: MutexKeys, garbage collectors, destructors and optimisers Martin Stjernholm <mast[at]lysator[dot]liu[dot]se> 01-02-2009
"Mirar @ Pike  importmöte för mailinglistan" <<6341[at]lyskom.lysator.liu.se>>
skrev:

> would probably give a tail recursion optimization, releasing the local
> variables of the function fun() first and then call some_call(),
> dropping fun()'s stackframe before calling.

Yes, that's probably the reason. Although I vaguely recall that the
tail recursion optimization treats this case correctly nowadays, so it
shouldn't be necessary. Can't say for sure though, but it's easy to
try out.