roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Changing Pike code on the fly Linda Messerschmidt <linda[dot]messerschmidt[at]gmail[dot]com> 21-01-2009
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Marcus Agehall (Roxen IS) @ Pike (-)
importmöte för mailinglistan <<6341[at]lyskom.lysator.liu.se>> wrote:
> Feel free to ask us more questions.

Thanks, I just did. :)

> I don't know if you have seen this, but there is some basic support
> for compiling pike as a library and embed the whole thing in another
> application.

That was actually the original plan (C++ app -> embedded control
scripting language -> C++ modeling library).  But after I wrote as
much actual working framework as I did in an hour in Pike, I'd rather
just do Pike -> C++ library if possible.  C++ thread management is so
painful by comparison.  :)

If that doesn't work out, I'll come back to the embedding idea.

Thanks!

-LM