roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Iterators and deleting entries from mappings Martin B?hr <mbaehr[at]email[dot]archlab[dot]tuwien[dot]ac> 15-01-2009
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 01:15:42PM +0100, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
> Undefined behaviour is "perfect" because it means that the implementation
> can choose the most efficient algorithm available, without regard to any
> special treatment I don't expect anyway.

you would not expect it, but others might.

generally i find undefined behaviour makes writing code harder because i
need to pay attention to all the cases where behaviour could change and
either make sure the code will still work if it changes or avoid the
problem in the first place by writing the code in a way that a change of
behaviour can't have any effect. (by using m+([]) or indices(m) or
simply making sure that m is not changed during the iteration.

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
offering: programming, training and administration   -  anywhere in the world