roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: libpurple glue? Marc Dirix <marc[at]electronics-design[dot]nl> 14-01-2009
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:40:02AM -0500, Bill Welliver wrote:
> I'd second the comment that libpurple might be a rather tricky first glue
> for one to write. I looked into it a while back and decided against it.
> In the mean time, I'm just using the pike-based jabber module I wrote a
> while back, which still seems to work, though I suppose if you needed to
> connect to non-jabber IM systems, that wouldn't be very useful. :)

I need some kind of online support chat system. I did look into jabber
but it seems that it cannot do what I want, however correct me if I'm
wrong.

I need some websurfer to be able to enter his name (and email or
something) online and get a webchat. There should be no authentication
step. The attendant should be able to use an universal IM
or IRC client.

The websurfer should appear to the attendant as a private conversation.

Regards,

Marc