roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Encoding?, incantation? Jonas_Walldén <jonasw[at]roxen[dot]com> 07-04-2009
Stephen R. van den Berg <<srb[at]cuci.nl>> wrote:

> I.e. I already verified that the database contains a real 2010
> characters binary, at RXML level the variable confirms that it
> contains that number of characters.  However, as soon is it gets sent
> to the browser it ends up being around 3045 bytes (most likely an
> UTF-8 output conversion).

Can you log the HTTP headers for this transmission? It would be
interesting to see if there's a "; charset=UTF-8" appended to the
Content-Type value you assign. Also, if you save the 3045 bytes and
decode as if it was UTF-8, do you get a clean decode and any wide
chars in the resulting string?

-- Jonas