roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Decoding bug (and fix) for multipart/form-data ? Stephen R. van den Berg <srb[at]cuci[dot]nl> 05-03-2009
Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
>Does this patch make sense?
>Seems like a rather old bug (and I've been bitten by it a lot for a long
>time; always looked elsewhere for fixes).

Due to popular demand (that is sarcasm live ;-)), I actually did some more
research on this, and the results of the jury are:

a. It is in fact an ancient bug, and anyone who was/is submitting normal
   values (non-files) through multipart/form-data forms will have been bitten
   by it, as soon as they step outside the standard ASCII set.
b. The fix is almost correct.  The tested and correct fix is in my BuGless
   tree (i.e. on the implicit todo list of mast).
--
Sincerely,
           Stephen R. van den Berg.

Hackers view advertising as damage, and route around it.