roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Bug in "environment" ? Martin Stjernholm <mast[at]roxen[dot]com> 15-02-2009
Marc Dirix <<marc[at]electronics-design.nl>> wrote:

> If I change the environment setting afterwards inside the roxen
> install, roxen still is not starting, complaining
> about mysql libs.

Ok. Then your earlier statement

  These errors are related to the call to setup_environment, because
  if I disable this call, roxen starts without errors.

was false? Roxen can't start without a working mysql client.

So the problem is the mysql driver afterall, i.e. it's this:

> pike/lib/pike/modules/Mysql.so:-: Warning: Failed to load library:
> /usr/local/roxen/server-4.5.241/pike/lib/pike/modules/Mysql.so: symbol
> errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
> reference

The rest are only cascade errors, although it would be good if the
nptl check was more accurate and didn't assume a broken nptl
implementation quite so easily if the mysql module doesn't load.

Looks to me like it's a compatibility problem with libc, although it's
odd that it only affects the mysql module and not the whole pike
binary. The lrh7.3 package is built for a very old linux dist. Perhaps
you should try the fc4 or rhel3 builds instead.