roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: changed? Martin Stjernholm <mast[at]roxen[dot]com> 12-02-2009
Marc Dirix <<marc[at]electronics-design.nl>> wrote:

> I've just upgraded to roxen 5.0.169-cvs.
> Did something change in the behaviour of the "<set expr=" handling?
> A (roxen 4.5) formerly working webpage using expr="" to trim string
> length results now in this rxml error:
>
> RXML parse error: Syntax error in expr attribute.
> | <set expr="pkg.variable[..16]" variable="pkg.var">

Yes, it has. You've been using an undocumented and unintended
(although not implying unuseful) feature. For that I suggest you use
the new <substring> tag instead:

  <set variable="pkg.var">
    <substring to="-2">&pkg.variable;</substring>
  </set>

A bit more clumsy in your case, but the <substring> tag can otoh do a
lot of other neat stuff, and the expression evaluator has been
extended in other ways (e.g. set operations on arrays).