roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: DB sessions in a single RXML page reuses the same connection? Stephen R. van den Berg <srb[at]cuci[dot]nl> 07-01-2009
Martin Stjernholm wrote:
>"Stephen R. van den Berg" <<srb[at]cuci.nl>> wrote:

>/.../
>>     Added a flag to DBManager.get() to facilitate SQL connection reuse
>>     within the same thread.

>> Does that mean that Roxen natively now guarantees that the SQL session is
>> going to be reused when accessed from within a single RXML page?

>No, not currently since the sql tag module doesn't make use of that
>flag. But the flag should do what you want if you just enable it, so
>you shouldn't have to patch much more than a few lines in sqltag.pike
>anymore.

>It's a good idea to get that behavior in rxml, of course. Could you
>please try it a bit first? Then I'll enable it in the Roxen source
>too.

I enabled it in my inhouse applications, and will enable it on my cms systems
later today.
So far, preliminary tests show that it works fine.  In the past, these
preliminary tests usually error out somewhere if the session-preservation is
not enforced properly.  I completely removed my patch set, and just enabled
the flag in sqltag.pike.

I'll let you know how it works out.
--
Sincerely,