roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: another utf-8 question (email-module) Marc Dirix <marc[at]electronics-design[dot]nl> 09-03-2007

> you are right. but i checked this already and it looks fine for me.
> thunderbird does handle utf-8.

> Subject: utf-8 test

I'm not sure this helps, or is even related.

With my current mailserver (dbmail) I have similar problems when I
create an auto-reply message
(with sieve).

Sieve creates an UTF8 messages with 8bit transfer-encoding. When I
then download this message with outlook
(yes I know different mailclient) all special characters (ü ä) are
replaced by an question mark..

It seems the 8bit transfer-encoding to be messed up during
downloading the message (with pop3 in my case).

If I use a webmail client (i.e. www.mail2web.com) the message is
shown normal.

Marc