roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: errors compiling roxen-4.5.111-src/pike/src/modules/Gmp Armin Arh <armin[at]pubbox[dot]net> 01-12-2006
On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 15:47:57 +0100 (CET)
Henrik Grubbström <<grubba[at]roxen.com>> wrote:
> Strange; the top-level configure-script for Pike should add that as well.
> Anyway, try unsetting CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS, and use --with-cflags,
> --with-cppflags and --with-ldflags instead (if the top-level configure
> doesn't detect some needed option automatically).

configure: warning: configure script has been generated with autoconf 2.13 or
earlier.

> BTW: What did the "Searching for library directories..." segment of the
>       top-level configure run say about "/usr/local/lib"?
now, this looks good:

out of top-level ./configure:
Searching for include-file directories...
checking /include... no
checking /usr/local/include... added
checking /usr/local/include... already added

Searching for library directories...
checking /usr/local/lib... yes

later on:
LDFLAGS:       -g -O2 -pipe -I/usr/local/include/pth -L/usr/local/lib/pth

but then it fails. Running ./configure in the gmp directory separately
is no big deal, because the results are not used on top level.
Played with --with-ldflags and --libdir but somehow that information
does not travel downwards.

> BTW2: Don't forget to zap the relevant parts of config.cache.
I hope this was sufficient, if not just ask for more.

Armin