roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: See you around Emils <gnudiff[at]gmail[dot]com> 31-08-2006
2006/8/30, Martin Bähr <<mbaehr[at]email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at>>:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 01:13:38PM +0300, Emils wrote:
> > Lack of presence in significant mainstream distros is a major point though.
>
> that is a point that nothing can be done about unless pike (and roxen)
> popularity increase enough that volunteers willing to package pike and
> roxen come up, or until someone gets paid to do so.
>
> in general this argument is not interresting, because it is the same
> argument that most windows advovates use against other operating
> systems. if we give in to this argument then we have already lost.

In general, it is not an argument. It is a reason. Ie. I am no trying
to "win" anything here. I just know how I would prefer to avoid
spending my time (ie. debugging installation/setup problems). I am not
advocating anybody else to move to Apache - in fact I don't like the
fact that I did myself, but it was the best of the options I had
available for me, according to my priorities.

Btw, just out of curiosity, any idea what happened to SuSE package of
Roxen? I know there used to be Roxen rpms for SuSE back at SuSE 9.1 at
least.