roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: See you around Martin Bähr <mbaehr[at]email[dot]archlab[dot]tuwien[dot]ac> 30-08-2006
On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 10:43:50AM +0300, Emils wrote:
> I considered, how much time I spend fixing problems in what to me look
> like trivial situations - getting Roxen to compile, getting PHP to
> work with it, fixing wierd bugs and hangups

can't blame you.
php never worked well with roxen and caudium, and we dropped roxen and
caudium for php based stuff years ago, simply because we had no
resources to resolve all the issues.

but that does not say anything bad about roxen or caudium.
they are application servers, not webservers.
they are not meant to run php.

you would not run php behind tomcat or zope any other application server
unless you actually wanted to integrate some php application with your
main application on your appserver.

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
offering: programming, training and administration   -  anywhere in the world