roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: AW: something like php flush() for roxen David Hedbor <david[at]hedbor[dot]org> 22-05-2006
"Thomas Gusenleitner" <<thomas.gusenleitner[at]com-bet.com>> writes:

> I'm looking for something that pushes  everthing in the output buffer to the
> browser. For example after each row in the emit.
> Current the data get pushed after the emit has finished.

This typically is not possible because the parsing occurs with a
single function call after which returns the full output to the result
string. This is then sent to the browser.

Also it's not as simple as "writing the output after each iteration"
as the return value from each iteration might very well (in the
general case) be parsed additional times.

So I think we can safely say the answer is "no, it's not possible"
with the addition "unless you do a lot of work to change how the RXML
parsing works". And this doesn't mean changing some Pike-code, but
changing the whole system.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
P-K4