roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: database timeouts? Bill Welliver <hww3[at]riverweb[dot]com> 17-02-2006
I guess the real question is what you'd like to have happen... does the
fact that the databases are unavilable affect the whole site (rendering it
useless anyhow), or is it just a subset?

It's strange that the behavior of those database connections is to hang
when the database goes away (is that actually the case?) My experience
with oracle and mysql don't seem to suggest that behavior.

I'd imagine that perhaps some sort of timeout on queries would be handy,
but it might add undesirable overhead.

Bill