roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: User Language parser Michael Stenitzer <jenoe[dot]stenitzer[at]gmail[dot]com> 13-02-2006
On 2/6/06, Marc Dirix <<marc[at]electronics-design.nl>> wrote:
> I'm looking for a user language parser as is often seen in
> fora or bulletin boards with user input.
>
> The user language parser should understand [] tags, like [b][/b] for
> bold. Or something similar usable.

i've written a wiki-markup module which i'm happy to share with you.

excerpt from the docs:
This module provides a simple WikiMarkup language

<wikimarkup></wikimarkup>

This tag is mostly useful for turning user freetext input from a form
into XHTML by using a simple Wiki-like markup language.
[...]

supported formats and elements:
* lists (also nested)
* paragraphs
* blockquotes
* code-blocks
* headers (all levels)
* links with several features
* acronyms
* images (currently in beta)
* bold
* italic

furthermore there is a sandbox mode and a userhelp available.

enjoy. feedback appreciated.
/michael

--
Michael Stenitzer | WIENFLUSS information.design.solutions
www.wienfluss.net | linke wienzeile 178 / 3 / 142 | wien AT