roxen.lists.roxen.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Roxen 4.0 sudden death on piketag - corrupted double-linked lists on #include? Jonas_Walldén <jonasw[at]roxen[dot]com> 05-01-2006
<<gnudiff[at]gmail.com>> wrote:

> The problem appears to be in Roxen itself tho or hardware, as I
> managed to catch a console error message:
>
> *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption (fast):
> 0x00000000010c524e ***

I don't think it's particularly valuable to track down which RXML
operation that causes the problem because in the end that will not be
of great importance when fixing the error as long as you have a
reproducible test case. Instead it would be more helpful to use tools
such as gdb or valgrind. Any chance you can attach a gdb to the
running server before it dies and then report a stack backtrace?

Which platform/OS are you running? Did you compile Pike yourself, and
if so using what compiler? Can you reproduce the error with a Roxen
binary downloaded from download.roxen.com/4.0?

-- Jonas Walldén
    <jonasw[at]roxen.com>