roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Pike 7.8.346 beta Henrik_Grubbström <grubba[at]roxen[dot]com> 19-09-2009
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009, Henrik Grubbström wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Philipp Hancke wrote:
>
>> Henrik Grubbström wrote:
>>> A Gentoo ebuild is now available from the Pike overlay.
>>
>> btw: why does the ebuild use --without-copt?
>
> It's been inherited from the original Gentoo ebuild, so I'm not sure, but I
> believe it has to do with Gentoo policy, where optimization options should be
> controlled via /etc/make.conf et al.

A closer look gives that --without-copt actually actively filters
optimization options from CFLAGS et al, which is probably not what the
original author of the ebuild intended. A new ebuild will be uploaded to
the pike overlay as soon as I get a working ssh again (curses libtool).

--
Henrik Grubbström					<grubba[at]roxen.com>
Roxen Internet Software AB