roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Pike 7.8.346 beta Philipp Hancke <fippo[at]goodadvice[dot]pages[dot]de> 18-09-2009
Henrik Grubbström wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> New build that I hope to release as a stable towards the end of the
>> week:
>>
>>    http://pike.ida.liu.se/download/pub/pike/beta/7.8.346/
>>
>> Windows build avilable.
>
> A Gentoo ebuild is now available from the Pike overlay.

btw: why does the ebuild use --without-copt?
This has a major performance impact on my machine (xeon x5460 cpu),
both with `pike -x benchmark` and realworld tasks.

The output of `pike -x benchmark` when pike was built without any
CONFIGUREARGS: http://hancke.name/pike/default-knecht
and --without-copt: http://hancke.name/pike/without-copt-knecht
The "optimized" version runs twice as fast.

It might be worthwhile to drop --without-copt from the configure args
in the ebuild :-)

cheers

philipp