roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Is there anyway to have a class always be inherited from other Henrik_Grubbström <grubba[at]roxen[dot]com> 09-09-2009
 objects?
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Dino M. Gambone wrote:

> I found this little thread from 2004:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.pike.user/1686
> Re: custom master, compile() and compile_string() arguments (mentioned
> but not explained in docs)
>
> What is interesting is what would happen if I overrode __empty_program()
> and returned a custom program that had some pre-defined methods on it.
> Maybe Henrik can shed some light on this.  Is it possible to return my
> own custom program from __empty_program()?

I agree that that would probably be a nice way to do it, but if you try
it with only Pike-level code, you will most likely get the quite unusual
compilation error "Placeholder program is not virgin!". Note also that
this argument is only used for the implicit top-level class.

--
Henrik Grubbström					<grubba[at]roxen.com>
Roxen Internet Software AB