roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: c modules Martin Stjernholm <mast[at]lysator[dot]liu[dot]se> 28-08-2009
Yvan Vander Sanden <<yvan[at]youngmusic.org>> wrote:

> Ah, ok. I am using the header files included with the windows
> binary. If these are wrong, how to get the right ones?

If you get a machine.h it ought to be a correct one. So the one you
got with the windows binary dist defines HAVE_UNISTD_H?

> Because if i read the comments in
> machine.h:
> /* machine.h.  Generated from machine.h.in by configure.  */
> /* machine.h.in.  Generated from configure.in by autoheader.  */
> i conclude that i cannot do this with msvc, since it does not support
> autoheader.

Yes, to generate it you'd have to go through the crazy process Bill
talks about. It'd be easier for you if you got them with the dist, or
else someone with a crazy setup for the crazy process can give them to
you. Unfortunately my crazy vbox where I have my crazy windows/msvc
compilation environment is bonkers right now; it'll take me a while to
get it up so I can help you with that.

> Is there actually anyone who has compiled c modules for the windows
> library?

Not as far as I know. The external module system ought to work on
windows too with msvc etc, but it's a bit uncharted territory. Don't
give up just yet. ;)