roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: Suggestions for a small menu-driven system? Stephen R. van den Berg <srb[at]cuci[dot]nl> 19-08-2009
Martin B?hr wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 05:17:41PM +0200, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
>> Older versions of anything = not well supported (I guess).

>i don't think bill meant to imply that he used an older version
>intentionally a newer would not run, but rather that it's an older setup
>and it's no longer running, so upgrading does not apply.

I see.  That changes things a bit.

>> So, then I'd have to choose between:
>> a. An existing more-complex-system-than-needed which I mostly need to support
>>    myself.

>which you can still make usefull to others, enlisting their support.

True.  But since it's a lot more complex, for a fairly limited setup, this
might (at times) be unwieldy.

>you are missing the other option bill suggested, using scriptrunner,
>which is another existing system which might just be more fitting.

I'll have a look at scriptrunner, to see what it does exactly.

>personally, i'd just run pikes small http server and add some custom
>classes to serve pages as needed, maybe use scriptrunner for that...

I'd totally forgotten about Pike's small http server.  That might allow
me to drop another package from my flash/memory-footprint (lighttpd).
--
Sincerely,
           Stephen R. van den Berg.