roxen.lists.pike.general

Subject Author Date
Re: split_quoted_string bug Martin Stjernholm <mast[at]lysator[dot]liu[dot]se> 11-07-2009
¹ùÑ©ËÉ <<peterpan[at]wukong.com>> wrote:

> I don¡¯t think  split_quoted_string should throw a exception  when the argument
> is ¡°\¡±.

Right. It was not fault tolerant. The attached patch should fix it
(checked it into the 7.8 cvs a short while ago).

> I think  on windows Process->split_quoted_string("\haha\xixi")  should return
> "\haha\xixi", right?

It does if you set the second argument (the nt_mode flag):

  > Process.split_quoted_string ("\a\b", 1);
  (1) Result: ({ /* 1 element */
                  "\a\b"
              })

split_quoted_string does not automatically adapt its quoting behavior
to the current OS; you have to set that flag explicitly. (Not easy to
know since the function lacked docs, but I've fixed that too in the
cvs now.)